Tipton Branch Library
Check us out!
In response to a petition for a deposit
station, dated December 1911 and signed
by 47 citizens of Tipton, County Librarian
Miss Jennie Herman established a library station in Tipton in April of 1912. As the 21st County Branch Station, the station was set up in the Rochdale Store only to be discontinued in October 1913. In September 1914, the station was reinstated in the Atkinson Store until 1926. The Library then moved from home to home nine times with home owners as custodians. Finally in 1941 the Tipton Station moved into the Woman’s Club House, where it stayed until 1953. At that time the Tipton station was closed and a bookmobile was used. The present Branch was built and opened in September, 1955.