Woodlake Branch Library
Check us out!
Six Woodlake residents petitioned the
County for a library deposit station in
1911, and by December a station with
50 books was placed in John Day’s post office and store. Between 1913 and 1920 the Woodlake station moved to the Schelling Drug Store, the Woodlake School, Mrs. Gordon Day’s house, back to Day’s store and to Blair’s store. Then in 1920, the branch library moved to The Echo newspaper office and telephone exchange. By 1942 more space was needed, and the library moved to a building owned by Roy Davis. Mr. Courtney McCracken then offered to donate the money needed for construction of a library building. In 1966, the dedication occurred for the Courtney McCracken Library, which housed the County Library Branch, the High School Library and a study hall. The complete cost of the structure and all furniture was paid by Mr. McCracken. Today, the Library stands adjacent the High School.