Check us out!
On December 15, 1910, an official
request for a library deposit station was
signed by seven prominent residents
of Springville who agreed to comply with the County requirements, thus establishing the Springville Library Deposit Station as of March 1911 in the Springville Hotel. Between 1912 and 1940 the Library moved 5 times. In 1940 the Library consisted of several shelves of fiction, a few children's books and a dictionary, and was housed in the Shaw's Variety Store on Main Street. More space was available in the real estate building across the street where the Library moved from 1947 until 1972. When the former Springville tuberculosis sanitarium on Highway 190 was converted into the Sequoia Dawn senior citizen complex, the community offered the present building to house the Springville Library. It was remodeled in 1992 through the generosity of the Springville Lyons Club.