Pixley Branch Library
The Pixley Library was established
November 1, 1913, in the office of
a Mr. Knapp, custodian-secretary
of the Norviel-Compton Scraper
Company. The Library then moved to various locations including a hotel, the Pixley Post Office, a drug store and a newspaper office. On October 4, 1948, the Pixley Library opened in a separate location on Court Street with Mrs. Jewel English heading the Branch. The branch then moved to the Pixley Elementary School, where it operated as a joint-use facility with the Pixley Union School District. Later the Pixley Foundation acquired space to place a modular building next to the CSET Community Center at 927 Center Street. The Library working with the Pixley Foundation, Tulare County Library Foundation, and State will now provide public computers, internet, Wi-Fi, and a literacy center in the 2,800 sq. ft. building. With the grand opening for the new building on May 12, 2018, the Pixley Branch serves as the hub of the southwest part of Tulare County.