The Ivanhoe Branch was established
March 19, 1914. Throughout its early
history, the Branch moved to different
locations. The store was sold twice in
1914 and 1925 with the Branch in
addle’s Store. From 1936 to 1943 the
Library moved to Coffee’s Store, Main’s
Hardware Store, Fobe’s Variety Store and Mrs. Crockett’s grocery store. Between 1944 and 1950, it again moved four more times. The Ivanhoe Garden Club then started raising money for a library. Through flower shows, and donations, they raised enough to pay for a lot. The County funded the rest. A dedication tea for the new Ivanhoe Memorial Library was held October 1, 1950. The Library is dedicated to the public service men and women from the Ivanhoe area who served in World War II.