Lindsay Branch Library

About Lindsay

In December of 1909, a free

reading room was established

in Lindsay. Then in July of

1910 the reading room became a Tulare County Library deposit station (a place where patrons could pick up and deposit county library books). On Sept. 16, 1910 it was established as the third Branch Library in Tulare County. The Library moved 3 times between 1911 and 1913. Then in 1934, Lindsay applied for a new library building to become a CWA (Civil Works Administration) project, sponsored by the Lindsay School District. The school district provided the funds, the city donated the site, and the CWA contributed labor and material. The Library was built for $10,000 and opened in 1934. Lindsay’s new Branch opened in 2008 and is one of the most attractive buildings in the city.

Check us out!

Hours of operation are subject to change. Contact your local library.
Please visit HERE for more information on services offered during the COVID-19 pandemic.

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • iOS App Store
  • Google Play Store

Automated Phone Renewal:

© 2019 Tulare County Library