Exeter Branch Library

About Exeter

In March 1909, the Exeter

Women's Club set up a deposit

station (a place where people

could borrow and return state books) in the H. Miles & Co. Store. Then, when the Tulare County Library System was formed in 1910, the Woman's Club petitioned to become one of the first county stations. Exeter became County Deposit Station #2 in November of 1910. The following year the station was moved to a vacant building until October 1916 when a $5000 Carnegie Library building opened. It served as Exeter's Library until the building of the present branch in 1975. The old historic Carnegie building at 309 South E Street still stands and is currently used as a community center. Following a plumbing issue, the Exeter Libary was renovated and opened in 2017.

Check us out!

Hours of operation are subject to change. Contact your local library.
Please visit HERE for more information on services offered during the COVID-19 pandemic.

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • iOS App Store
  • Google Play Store

Automated Phone Renewal:

© 2019 Tulare County Library