The Earlimart Library was
established in October, 1914 in
the Alila School as a County
deposit station with the usual
50 books. In October 1915, the Library moved to Mr. Ough’s Store, but then was discontinued in December 1915 only to be re-established in February 1916 in the school house. After moving from store to store with store owners as custodians, the Earlimart Library moved to the Adams' family store in 1926 where it stayed until 1940. During World War II, the Library was in the home of Reverend and Mrs. Swift. The present Branch was built in 1959, and in 1963 Earlimart was the second most active County Library Branch, lending 67,176 books during that year.