Dinuba Branch Library
Soon after the Tulare County Library System was formed in July of 1910, that September the Dinuba Women's Club filed a petition to have a County Library deposit station, a spot where patrons could pick up and deposit books. The petition was granted, and the first deposit station was set up in a corner of the Dopkins Furniture store. The station outgrew itself, and a year later the branch moved to the Snell Building on Tulare Street, where Miss Etta Pillsbury, the branch's first librarian, was appointed. Sometime in 1912 the branch moved to the (then) new Chamber of Commerce building. A new $8000 Carnegie Library was built in 1916 on land the city donated using Carnegie Foundation funds. The Chamber of Commerce building burned down and all of its contents were lost in July, 1916. The new Carnegie Library opened, informally, four days later. This building was then demolished in 1975, the year the present day building was built. As branch #1 in 1910, the Dinuba Library still holds that distinction today.