About Terra Bella
The Terra Bella Library was established
January 17, 1913 as Branch no. 26 of
the Tulare County Free Library, first
located in the Fred W. Kleeman’s shoe store. The branch moved several times, including Harry Lewis’s Barber Shop, until it moved to the Terra Bella Women’s Club in 1925. On March 9, 1994, the Terra Bella School District and the Tulare County Library system entered into an agreement to operate a joint use library at Terra Bella’s middle school, and moved into its current location.